Welcome to Ahlam Academy of Middle Eastern Dance’s (AAMED) Rhythm Identification for Belly Dancers course.
This course was created to help belly dancers gain a greater understanding of the most commonly used rhythms in Egyptian Oriental dance, as well as several non-Egyptian rhythms that are used in this dance genre.
This course is completely self-guided, so you can take this course at any time.
Imagine how amazing you’ll feel and how smart you’ll look, when you can quickly and easily identify the rhythms in the belly dance music you love!
This course will help you to:
- Improve your musicality
- Easily identify the rhythms you hear in belly dance and Middle Eastern music
- Increase your musical and instrumental vocabulary
- Make more educated movement choices
- Add richness and authenticity to your dancing by increasing your music knowledge
This course features:
- Clear, concise explanations and diagrams of each rhythm
- Descriptions and video examples of 7 percussion instruments you typically hear in belly dance music
- 28 downloadable mp3 rhythm samples to study on-the-go at your convenience
- Downloadable “Cheat Sheet” with the rhythm names and diagrams of all 28 rhythms
- 20-question multiple choice exam to test your knowledge of the rhythms you learn in this course
- Get lifetime access to course material, so you can reference them at anytime
- A Certificate of Achievement to show your accomplishment!
Yes, you will get all this content and resources for about half the price of the old AAMED Rhythm ID booklet and proctored exam!
Here is a list of all the rhythms you will learn in this course:
Nawari / Kata Kofta
Turkish Romani 9/8
It is highly recommended that those interested in taking this course should have some familiarity with music commonly used for raqs sharqi (cabaret belly dance) and related styles. If you aren’t familiar with the right music or you would like music that will help you with this course, check out our Songs Every Belly Dancer Should Know article.
Special Note: After you have enrolled in this (or any) course, you can return to it anytime by navigating to COURSES > My Course Profile or by navigating to the course, once you have logged in.